Update.
I made an earlier remark about the redesign of Mike Wieringo’s site and surprisingly enough the top banner has since been changed.* It certainly looks a helluva lot nicer and is more in keeping with the style and character a guy who makes his living as a penciller (although I am somewhat mystified by the plural internet[s]). I still think the thing (header) is way too big.
What’s funny is there is a column for “ART,” that seems like it would lend itself to small sized versions of the draw to Mike’s site - the daily sketch. Linked to the larger versions he normally posted in the body of his old design would seem to be a good solution. I can’t help but think, taking the sketches out of the body of his blogging (text) would at least give some of what he writes an equal amount of significance. Even though I do visit to see his sketches I do enjoy reading what he has to say as well.
I guess it may be a work in progress, we’ll see. Also, he‘s got a Flickr stream up with color work (linked from his website) and the color stuff is just out and out spectacular, really worth a look!
*Further update - it appears the site has three rotating banners. I imagine it’s a question of waiting for the one to take precedence. Still thinking how the navigation isn’t as good as it used to be though.
No comments:
Post a Comment